Friday, March 23, 2012

Havok Tutorial

So I've recently needed to learn the Havok physics library/engine for a class project. Lol let me tell you something about Havok...

It's great, it really is. But is has so many features that it can be near impossible to get started with it.

BUT FEAR NOT! I have shed blood learning the Havok API well enough to support basic (but good) use. I'm going to pass on the fruits of my labor to you, the visitor of this modest blog page, and tell you what you need to do to express your ideas using Havok in your own programs/projects.

First let me make a few things clear...

  • This/These tutorials are aimed at those create VS2010 C++ projects.
  • I learned all this in order to create a Windows7 PC game.
  • I am not a professional but I *try* use efficient designs.
  • The Havok demo source code will be your primary source of learning the api (other than me lol huuray!).
  • The tutorials will be broken up into multiple posts to cover several topics.
With all that being said, I hope what I post is useful to anyone out there looking to integrate Havok into their games.

No comments:

Post a Comment