Friday, May 4, 2012

Asus P8 Z68-V Pro/GEN3 Blue Screen of Death

I recently upgraded my desktop for development I'll be doing this summer. When starting up Windows 7 I got a quick BSOD followed by a restart. Forums reveal that this issue isn't uncommon but none of the solutions seemed to work for me. Combining them did though...


  • Make sure you have/get Corsair Vengeance ram. It's made for the board and even has the board's picture on the front of the product's box lol.
  • In the bios, go to the auto tuning for overclocking and switch from Auto or Manual to XMP.
  • Go to your Advanced settings and...
    • Turn off all Marvell stuff. It's crap. It won't work (didn't for me and doesn't for most it seems).
    • Switch the SATA from AHCI to IDE.
Doing that fixed everything for me. The machine then started up fine and so did Windows. Hope this helps.

Also, you may want to go into your msconfig > startup and turn off like all of the non-essential stuff. I believe I have old software setup for my old AMD processor. My new Intel isn't jiving with it. Turning those off made my system stable. You may also just want to get a new hard drive (or wipe your existing one).

No comments:

Post a Comment