Wednesday, May 9, 2012

School Parallel Project: OpenGL + Havok + Intel TBB

So I recently had to create a project for my class on parallel computing. It was a semester long project (with lots of homework in between on things like OpenMP, P Threads, CUDA, MPI and OpenCL )and I just recently finished it. I turned it in yesterday but found more time to benchmark it this morning. I will post the project here soon in some way so you can see it for your self but for now here are some stats from my two machines...


  • Laptop - [AMD Phenom 2 N830 [3-Core] 2.10 GHz] [8GB Ram] [Windows 7 64bit] [ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4200]
    • Single Threaded: 10fps
    • Multi Threaded: 15fps
  • Desktop - [Intel i7 2600 [4-Core Hyperthreaded] 3.40 GHz] [16GB Ram] [Windows 7 64bit] [nVidia GeForce GTX 480]
    • Single Threaded: 19fps
    • Multi Threaded: 75fps
Holy crap does it scale well... gDebugger reports poor desktop utilization on my 5th and 7th cores but all the same it's a crazy improvement. 

I'll post more later. Go TBB and Havok!

No comments:

Post a Comment